Have you ever suffered from foot pain? Do you know much information about this disease? Foot pain is commonly caused by different reasons including diabetes. Foot pain can also lead to several problems such as ingrown toenails, dry skin, fungal infections, calluses, corns, bunions, and so on. You may get many ways to get rid of foot pain. However, home remedies seem to be more effective and safer for your health than the medical treatments. In this article, 8090SHOPS will show you 20 home remedies for foot pain on the ball of foot and in diabetics. The writing is a collection of simple but effective solutions to relieve the pain on feet from reliable sources. However, it is not intended to give medical advice and it is only for the information purpose. Keep reading this writing to learn more!
I. Causes Of Foot Pain
Just as mentioned above, there are a lot of reasons which may make your foot painful. Do you want to know what they are? If your answer is “Yes”, let’s find out.
In general, overuse or injury which may cause inflammation involving ant of the tendons, ligaments as well as bones in your foot is able to cause foot pain. In addition, one of the most popular causes of foot pain is arthritis. Furthermore, there are some different factors which cause foot pain. They include:
– Broken toe
– Achilles tendinitis
– Hammertoe as well as mallet toe
– Bone spurs
– Corn & calluses
– Reactive arthritis
– Septic arthritis
II. Symptoms Of Foot Pain
In general, when someone is suffering from foot pain, they may have some symptoms. For example, they may feel that their feet become weak and heavy. Furthermore, they also find it difficult to walk on their tiptoes. Additionally, heel walk can happen in case one spinal nerve root in your lower back innervating the sciatic nerve is influenced.
Now, you know that cause foot pain as well as what the symptoms of foot pain are. It’s high time for you to learn about the home remedies for foot pain.
III. Natural And Effective Home Remedies For Foot Pain
1. Peppermint Oil
Peppermint oil contains menthone, which gives you great cure from arch pain in your foot. Thus, it can treat foot pain quickly. That’s the reason why peppermint oil is said to be one of the effective home remedies for foot pain.
You will need
– 2 drops of peppermint oil
– 4 drops of eucalyptus oil
– 4 drops of rosemary
– 1 bowl of water
– Firstly, boil one bowl of water in the medium flame and add peppermint oil to the boiled water.
– Then, add rosemary oil and eucalyptus oil to it.
– Now, stir these oil thoroughly in the water.
– Finally, soak your pain foot in this solution for ten minutes.
Repeat this process every day in order to reduce chronic foot pain.
Perhaps, this is one of easiest home remedies for foot pain which you ought to do. Rubbing an ice cube piece on your foot can give a cooling feel to the nerve of your painful area and decreases swelling which is caused by foot pain. All you need to follow now is to take 5-6 cubes of ice from your refrigerator. Later you crush the cubes into small pieces and collect the small ice cube pieces and now you wrap them in one plastic bag. Finally, you massage the pain area of the foot with the plastic bag in a circular motion. You had better repeat this process once a day to lessen foot pain.
3. Home Remedies For Foot Pain – Essential Oils
If you are looking for the effective and natural home remedies for foot pain, you can take advantage of some essential oils such as rosemary oil, peppermint oil, or eucalyptus oil. These oils can help to reduce tiredness, aching feet, and soreness because they usually have the stimulant, anti- inflammatory, analgesic as well as antispasmodic properties. Furthermore, when you have a headache, you can also use essential oils. Hence, using essential oils is a good way to get rid of foot pain. In addition, there are 3 methods that you can follow.
Method 1: Pain Relieving Foot Soak
– Epsom Salt: a handful
– Baking Soda: 1 tablespoon
– Wintergreen oil: 10 drops
– Peppermint oil: 10 drops
– Marjoram oil: 5 drops
– Foot soak tub
– Hot water
– Firstly, fill the soaking tub with the hot water. Remember to fill the half tub
– Then add wintergreen oil, marjoram oil, peppermint oil, baking soda, and Epsom salt to the tub.
– Next, put your feet in it
– After that, use your feet to stir everything
– Finally, soak your feet for more than 15 minutes in order to get a quick relief
Method 2: Foot Kneading Therapy
– Peppermint oil: 10 drops
– Birch oil: 10 drops
– Helichrysum oil: 10 drops
– Vetiver oil: 10 drops
– Grapeseed oil: 3 tbsp
– Amber glass dropper bottle (4 oz)
– Firstly, mix everything ingredient well in the glass dropper bottle
– Then, gently shake it so as to allow everything to combine
– After that, take from 5 to 7 drops in your palm and rub both palms well together
– Finally, massage your affected area deeply. Sometimes, you can ask other people to help you massage.
In order to get the best result, you ought to put on your socks and then go to bed. You also need to follow this remedy every night until your condition becomes better.
Method 3: Powerful Oil Blend.
– Basil oil: 20 drops
– Marjoram oil: 20 drops
– Cypress oil: 20 drops
– Wintergreen oil: 5 drops
– Frankincense oil: 10 drops
– Helichrysum oil: 10 drops
– Fractionated coconut oil
– Amber glass dropper bottle (4o2)
– Firstly, add all the essential oils that you have just prepared to the amber glass dropper bottle.
– Then add fractionated coconut oil to the top oil
– Finally, take an enough amount of oil and massage your affected area
– Repeat this treatment once or twice per day until you get your satisfied result.
4. Cinnamon Tea
Cinnamon tea is also one of the simplest and the most effective home remedies for foot pain which you can do. Why is it said like that? It helps in reducing the pain in your foot. For this aim, you ought to take water (1 glass) in a container and then add cinnamon powder (1 gram) to it. After that, you stir the powder carefully and boil it for fifteen minutes. Finally, you consume this tea three times a day to as to decrease the pain in your foot.
5. Home Remedies For Foot Pain – Beans
In order to treat foot pain with beans, you do not eat them but do an exercise using them. It sounds very strange, doesn’t it? But this exercise will be very beneficial. It’ll definitely minimize any type of pain and soreness. The nerve endings in the feet will be improved to their normal what you need to do now is to. Follow these instructions below.
– At first, spill a few beans on the floor and scatter them around one fair distance around your room or wherever you like.
– Then, try to walk on them. Step on them and leave them to roll under your feet
– Finally, attempt to pick up these beans by using the little toes of the feet
6. Home Remedies for Foot Pain – Sesame Oil Massage
Basically, sesame oil is used for various purposes. Particularly, this oil can be also used as a great home remedy to treat foot pain problem. This is also among the most well-known home remedies for foot pain because it eases discomfort and stimulates blood flow. Applying sesame oil to your feet help to reduce the pain and inflammation related to the feet. If you want to use sesame oil, you ought to follow these steps below. You can add 3 tbsp of sesame oil to 3 drops of clove oil. Later you mix everything and finally, you massage this solution into your feet. You also remember to follow this about three times per day for maximum benefit.
7. Plantar Fascia Stretch
Plantar Fascia Stretch is also mentioned in the list of the effective home remedies for foot pain. This method provides instant relief from heel pain. All you need to do is to sit in one comfortable chair. Next, you put the hands over your feet’s ball and pull the leg toward you. You make sure that your leg is steady and letting the bottom of the feet stretch. Now, you hold this position about 60 seconds, and repeat 5 times a day.
8. Home Remedies For Foot Pain – Cold And Hot Water
One of the cheapest home remedies for foot pain on the ball of foot is cold or hot water. This is an effective treatment which you can do daily at home in order to cure foot pain. Besides that, hot water can help to boost the blood flow while cold water helps to reduce inflammation. There are 2 ways for you. First of all, you can dip your feet in the hot water which has just been poured into a bucket for about 3 minutes. Then, you pour cold water into the different bucket and dip your feet for nearly 1 minute. Finally, you repeat the process twice or thrice
Alternatively, you can apply the ice pack or the heat pad on your affected area for about 10 minutes so that your pain can be reduced. It is very easy, isn’t it?
Vinegar is an useful ingredient in your kitchen and it can be used to reduce inflammation as well as foot pain effective. If you want to use it as one of the beneficial home remedies for foot pain, there are 2 methods for you to choose.
– Firstly, pour the hot water into a tub
– Then, add 2 tbsp of vinegar to it
– Next, add a litter salt to it. You can use either Epsom salt or sea salt, even you can use table salt as well
– After that, mix everything well
– Finally, soak your feet in this solution for nearly 20 minutes.
– Firstly, take the same amounts of water and vinegar
– Then mix them well and put this mixture in 2 containers
– Next, pour hot water into one container and pour cold water into the left container.
– Now, take a towel and soak it in the hot combination, then squeeze the excessive liquid out.
– After that, use it in order to wrap your affected area and leave it on for about 5 minutes
– Finally, do the same method but using the cold combination
– Follow this method 3 to 4 times a day daily
10. Home Remedies For Foot Pain – Epsom Salt
Epsom salt is a useful treatment in the list of home remedies for foot pain. Epsom salt contains magnesium sulfate, which relaxes the foot pain by soothing them. Magnesium and sulfate are easily absorbed through your skin and directly work on decreasing inflammation, helping with nerve function and muscle, and inhibits hardening of arteries as well.
You can soothe your feet or relieve your foot pain with this ingredient at home. The method is that you mix warm water with 2 or 3 tbsp of Epsom salt, soak your feet for 15 minutes, then let it dry naturally and you can do this treatment every day.
However, sometimes, your feet many become dry. If you want to avoid this case, remember to apply your moisturizer on your feet after you soak the salt the salt water.
11. Clove Oil
Clove oil not only helps you treat foot pain, but it also helps you increase circulation; heal nail fungus, joint pain, and headaches effective. That’s why one of the home remedies for foot pain is clove oil. Simply, you massage clove oil on painful feet and you can do this method several times each day to get the best result. You can replace clove oil with coconut oil or olive oil for foot pain.
Besides that, there is one more method that you can follow if your skin is sensitive, you ought to take 3 drops of clove oil and 1 tsp of coconut oil or olive oil. Then you mix them well together. Finally, you massage your feet with this mixture.
12. Home Remedies For Foot Pain – Cayenne Pepper
Cayenne pepper is high in capsaicin, which can reduce aching feet, back pain, muscle strain, arthritis, muscle pains, etc. Do you know that? there are two methods for you to use cayenne pepper.
– Firstly, take some cayenne pepper
– Then sprinkle it in a pair of socks
– Finally, put your socks on and leave it on overnight
– Firstly, take ½ tsp of cayenne pepper powder as well as ½ bucket of hot water
– Then add cayenne pepper powder to the bucket
– Finally, soak your feet in this solution
Sage is one of the best home remedies for foot pain on the ball of the foot and in diabetics. This natural ingredient can lower foot odor, relieve discomfort, cut down soreness, sprain, strain, etc. The method is to add some sage leaves to some apple cider vinegar. Probably, you ought to take a handful of leaves as well as 1 cup of vinegar. Then, you boil the mixture and allow it to simmer for 5 minutes. Then you use a cotton cloth to soak in the mixture and put into the affected area. you can do this method several times per day.
14. Home Remedies For Foot Pain – Mustard Seeds
In order to reduce inflammation, relieve pain and swelling, and improve blood circulation, you should try to use mustard seeds. Here is the specific direction for you:
– Firstly, take some mustard seeds and grind them
– Then add them to ½ bucket of water. You had better use warm water
– Next, soak your feet in this solution
– After that, leave it on for about 15 minutes
– Finally, pat them dry
15. Take A Break
Whenever you stand a long time in one place, you should take short breaks to reduce weight putting on feet. Or you can raise your feet at 45 degrees and relax for 12 minutes. This simple method will reduce swelling and lower your pain in feet effectively. For the reason above, taking a break is also mentioned as one of the effective home remedies for foot pain.
16. Home Remedies For Foot Pain – Do Exercise
Along with home remedies for foot pain with some ingredients at home, doing exercises is one of the best ways to heal foot and leg pain. If you don’t know how to take exercises, here are some useful exercises you can do every day at home:
– Rolling: sit down, put your shoes off, put one foot on the golf ball, roll on the ball by using weight of the foot, change the foot and repeat the action
– Stretching: sit on a chair and raise one foot in front of you, circle it for 5 times, point your toes, and stretch it up. You can do this exercise for several times.
Besides that, you can find out more exercises by seeing fitness and exercise products review as well.
17. Home Remedies For Foot Pain – Choose Proper Shoes
Small or big shoes can cause your feet painful. As the result, you must choose the proper shoes that can comfort your feet. You should choose kind of shoes that have enough room in the region, they do not slip, they are wide enough and they are fit in your feet. And remember that you go shopping for the shoes in the evening or in the afternoon. The right shoes you have, the lower pain on feet you get
18. Home Remedies For Foot Pain – Asparagus
For many people, asparagus is a good cooking ingredient. Asparagus is a great ingredient for foot pain and some other conditions such as edema and inflammation. Asparagus contains natural diuretic properties, which decrease the pain in your foot. You can stream asparagus or add it into soup recipes to eat. In addition, many people also use asparagus to decrease inflammation as it acts as a diuretic
Alternatively, you can boil a cup of water and to it add about 5 to 6 asparagus spring. Then, you eat the boiled asparagus and include this in your regular diet. It’s advised to repeat this process once a week to decrease foot pain.
19. Linseed Oil
One of the natural and effective home remedies for foot pain on the ball of foot which you are able to try using is linseed oil. Its packs may give your foot ache a quick relief. Besides this, it also helps in improving the blood circulation in your feet. If you want to use this oil for treating foot pain, you ought to heat an enough amount of linseed oil. When it is hot, you soak the cloth in this oil. After that, you apply it on your affected area.
20. Home Remedies For Foot Pain – Eucalyptus oil
In the list of the effective home remedies for foot pain on the ball of the foot, eucalyptus oil is also one of them as well. Generally, it is said to provide an amazing relief from every kind of pain. In this situation, it also works very well. Therefore, what you need to do now is to take some eucalyptus oil and massage it into the painful area. It helps to remove the pain, along with allowing the proper blood flow.
IV. Home Remedies For Foot Pain – Additional Tips
– You soak fresh leaves of cabbage in one bowl of water for half an hour. Then you press out the water afterward and place them on your foot and to keep it in position, wrap by using a clean muslin cloth. After that, you leave it the entire night and repeat this kind of home remedies for foot pain around 2-3 nights. This simple remedy will give cure from pain and inflammation as well.
– Or you can grind fresh broccoli to one paste and later apply on your affected foot. To hold the paste on your foot, you are able to wrap one cotton cloth on your foot. You also remember to keep it for twenty minutes and finally and wash it off by using lukewarm water.
– Another option is to boil, cool and mash one potato in order to create a smooth paste. Later you apply it on the troubles part of your foot and keep it firmly by using a cotton bandage. Now you wait for 30 minutes and finally, you clean it off. You had better follow this process twice a day daily for 3 days for effective results from
– You shouldn’t stand for a long time
– You have to maintain the healthy ideal weight
– You had better see a doctor if you find that your condition is worse and worse inflammation and pain as well.